Monday 8 December 2014

Research: Favorite movie title sequence-

My favorite movie of all time is the film Reservoir Dogs by Quentin Tarantino. I think that this is one of the best movies of all time and Quentin Tarantino is a legendary film maker. The title sequence to this movie has so many interesting things done in it that makes it stand out to any other title sequence I have seen. Here is the actual title sequence.


The title sequence includes (in order):
  • The main cast
  • Title of the film
  • Supporting cast
  • Person in charge of casting
  • Music supervisor
  • Costume designer
  • Editor
  • Production Designer
  • Director of photography
  • Co-producer
  • Executive producer
  • Producer
What type of title sequence is it?

I believe that this type of title sequence is a mix between titles on a blank screen and titles over moving images. This is because at the beginning, you see text appear whilst the men are walking. Then after the title is shown, the film then changes and it becomes a title over a blank screen.

What category does it fall into?

I believe that the film falls into the category of a narrative title sequence. This is because as soon as the title sequence starts, we get dialogue explaining what is happening and the film gives us an idea about what the plot is going to be about.

Why do I like it?

I like this title sequence a lot because of how iconic it is. This walk that the cast do and the song that plays along with it is something every film addict knows and I love Tarantino's style with his intros and how he always uses a title on blank screen because that type isn't used that much in modern movies. Also, I love the theme song as I have it on my phone as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment